Food safety currently had become an important issues among public. It is a scientific discipline describing handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent food- borne illness. The occurrence of two or more cases of a similar illnesses resulting from the ingestion of a common food is known as a Food-borne disease outbreak. This includes a number of routines that should be followed to avoid potential health hazards. In this way food safety often overlaps with food defense to prevent harm to consumers. The tracks within this line of thought are safety between industry and the market and then between the market and the consumer.
In considering market to consumer practices, the usual thought is that food ought to be safe in the market and the concern is safe delivery and preparation of the food for the consumer. Food can transmit pathogens which can result in the illness or death of the person or other animals. The main mediums are bacteria, viruses, mold, and fungus. It can also serve as a growth and reproductive medium for pathogens. Another main issue is simply the availability of adequate safe water, which is usually a critical item in the spreading of diseases. In theory, food poisoning is 100% preventable. However this cannot be achieved due to the number of persons involved in the supply chain, as well as the fact that pathogens can be introduced into foods no matter how many precautions are taken. Thus, in order to prevent food poisoning, awareness on food safety is very important especially among the food handlers.
This training will includes lectures and exercises.
- Provide awareness and increase understanding among entrepreneurs and food handlers regarding the importance of food safety.
- Provide awareness and increase understanding among entrepreneurs and food handlers regarding basic of food safety and food hygiene.
- Provide awareness on the importance of personal hygiene and good food handling practices.
- Highlight the correct steps of cleaning of utensil and proper steps of food waste disposal.
- To provide knowledge of safe food handling.
- To provide knowledge on how to prevent food contamination and food poisoning.
- To provide knowledge and awareness on food safety system in current industry.
This training was targeted to all food handler within Malaysia
This course includes the below topics:
a) Food Act 1983
b) Food Hygiene Regulation 2009
c) Food Hygiene Practices
d) Food Safety Practices
e) Food Contamination and hazards.
f) Food Poisoning and Prevention.
g) Food Borne Disease
h) Control of Waste Disposal and Pest Control.
i) Work Etiques: Cleaning, Sanitizing, Personal Hygiene, Premises.
j) Food safety assurance system and implementation in food industry.