Food allergy is an abnormal response to a food, triggered by your body’s immune system. Allergic reactions to food can sometimes cause serious illness and death. Food allergies are not as common
as food sensitivity, but some foods such as peanuts (a legume), nuts, seafood and shellfish are the cause of serious allergies in many people. Officially, the United States Food and Drug Administration does recognize eight foods as being common for allergic reactions in a large segment of the sensitive population. These include peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, shellfish, fish, wheat and their derivatives, and soy and their derivatives. Food safety management system requires pre-requisite programmes to enable food and beverage to be produced safely for consumption or further processing. This programme would include food allergen management
1. To provide understanding on what is food allergen and types of allergen.
2. To provide guidelines on law and regulation regarding Food Allergen.
3. Introduce effective allergen management in food and beverage industry.
Upon completion of the training, participants should be able to:
1. Understand what is allergen and types of allergen in food industry.
2. Understand law and regulation regarding Food Allergen.
3. Understand how to effectively manage the presence of allergen in food and beverage industry.
- Food Manufacturers
- Food Technologists
- Food Safety Team members
- SME Entrepreneur
- GMP / HACCP/ ISO 22000 Coordinators and Team Members / QA / QC Personnel
- Managers / Food Manufacturer intended to understand on the allergen in food industry and to develop effective management system to control allergen in the organization.
- Fresh Graduates / Students / anyone who is interested to gain more knowledge.