COURSE OVERVIEW :
A Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is a system for ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards. It is designed to minimize the risks involved in any food production that cannot be eliminated through testing the final product. GMP covers all aspects of production from the raw materials, premises and equipment to the training and personal hygiene of the staff. Detailed written procedures are essential for each process that could affect the quality of the finished product. GMP system addresses the provisions to ensure that food produced is safe and has been prepared, packed and stored under hygienic conditions. It is also a pre-requisite program for the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point System for Food Safety, commonly known as HACCP. In the event of customer complaint or a legal case, evidence of an effective GMP would present a strong point that due diligence has been exercised. The training will provide the overview, elements, requirements and procedure in GMP as well as the Introduction of Malaysia Standard MS 1500:2009 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to all the participants. Training will includes lecture and exercises.
1. To provide understanding on GMP elements.
2. To highlight the importance of GMP to food industry,
3. To provide an overview on requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification scheme.
4. To provide understanding on practical aspects of establishing and maintaining an effective GMP program in the organization.
5. To ensure participants able to understands requirements of MS 1514:2009 Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) for food.
LEARNING OUTCOMES :
Upon completion of this training, participant should be able to:
1. Understand all the elements in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
2. Highlight the importance of GMP to food industry,
3. Understand all the requirements of
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification scheme based on MS 1514:2009.
4. Understand all important aspects in establishing and maintaining an effective GMP program in the organization.
5. Get started on the application of GMP for their organizations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is specially designed for
personnel responsible for the food safety
program in Food and Beverage companies:
Food and Beverage Outlet
Production Supervisor / Executives
Anyone who wish to acquire basic
understanding in applying GMP in food
SECTION 1: Introduction
Introduction to Food Safety, Food
Regulations & Standards
GMP and Food Safety Program
What is GMP?
SECTION 2: GMP for Food Industry
Hazards (Physical, Biological, Chemical)
and their sources
SECTION 3: Introduction to MS 1514:2009
GMP/MS 1514:2009 Element:
o Design & Facilities (Ground, Plant
o Control of Operation
o Maintenance, Cleaning &
o Personal Hygiene
o Transportation & Distribution
o Product Information
o Internal Inspection
o Management Review
SECTION 4: Documentation Requirement
based on MS 1514 : 2009