GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) Awareness - Requirements based on MS 1514:2009
A Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is a system for ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards. It is designed to minimize the risks involved in any food production that cannot be eliminated through testing the final product. GMP covers all aspects of production from the raw materials, premises and equipment to the training and personal hygiene of the staff. Detailed written procedures are essential for each process that could affect the quality of the finished product. GMP system addresses the provisions to ensure that food produced is safe and has been prepared, packed and stored under hygienic conditions. It is also a pre-requisite program for the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point System for Food Safety, commonly known as HACCP. In the event of customer complaint or a legal case, evidence of an effective GMP would present a strong point that due diligence has been exercised. The training will provide the overview, elements, requirements and procedure in GMP as well as the Introduction of Malaysia Standard MS 1514:2009 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to all the participants.
- To provide understanding on GMP elements based on the requirements of MS 1514:2009 Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) for food.
- To highlight the importance of GMP to food industry,
- To provide an overview on requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification scheme.
- To provide understanding on practical aspects of establishing and maintaining an effective GMP program in the organization.
Upon completion of this training, participant should be able to:
- Understand all the GMP elements based on MS 1514:2009.
- Highlight the importance of GMP to food industry,
- Understand the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification scheme.
- Understand the practical aspects of establishing and maintaining an effective GMP program in the organization.
- GMP / HACCP Coordinators and Team Members / QA / QC Personnel
- Managers / Food Manufacturer intended to implement GMP System and develop GMP documentation in the organization.
- Fresh Graduates / Students / anyone who is interested to gain more knowledge on GMP System.